Let's get real

My name is Katherine, and like many of you I live in a world that I feel like I don’t belong in. I wake up everyday at 5 am to go to the gym, then take a shower and go to work up to 6pm, after this I spend 1 hour in traffic to get to the university to have classes up to 10 pm. When I finally get home, I have NO energy left, so I clean my face, wash my teeth and go to bed.  

This is what we would call “my routine”. Sounds boring doesn’t it? But I bet many of you have a quite similar one. 

I wish everything was simpler, that money didn’t exist, that buying things won’t matter and that to live in this tiring-competitive world we’d need only love. 

This is not true, in fact it’s way far from reality. 

What do we then? How do we make ourselves happy? How do we stop this endless nightmare? How do we become successful enough to make our parents proud? How do we live? 


I believe that many many people, have no idea what to do with their lives and yet they pretend they have it all figure out. They post beautiful pictures about their everyday life or instagram stories, and when I see those I WISH I was them.

This just puts way too much pressure on us doesn’t it? Then why do we keep on doing it?
Why cant we just accept that we are all in this together. That we should talk about this. And not put a mask on our faces and pretend as if we had the perfect little life. 

So the point of this little space, is to talk about real shit. What I go through and what I bet all of you go through. So that we know, we are not alone in this world, that we have each other, and that the moment we start realizing there is no such thing as a perfect little pink life, we will be happier and stop comparing to this new “influencer’s world” we are now in. 


Hope you relate, hope you suscribe, hope we will help each other. 


Thanks,
Katherine

Comments